378 total views
What is Metamask?
Metamask is a cryptocurrency wallet that is used as an extension on the Chrome, Firefox and browsers Brave. Or allow you to manage your Ethereum private keys through the stated web browser.
Watch now: Ethereum [ETH] what? Details on Ethereum 2.0 
It allows the brothers to run Ethereum dApps (Decentralized Application) right in the browser without running a full Ethereum Node. That means you don’t have to download and sync the entire blockchain on your device or computer.
Instead, the computer connects to another Ethereum Node named infura and runs these smart contract on that Node.
On chrome’s online store there are more than 1 million downloads, which may indicate its wide popularity.
Features of metamask wallet
- Intuitive user interface: Its user interface is quite nice and intuitive to use.
- Multi-language support: Many languages including Vietnamese.
- HD wallet: MetaMask is an HD wallet, so you don’t need to worry about backing up your public / private key pairs individually. Instead, just rely on the 12 seed phrase phrases during setup. But you should remember to keep that phrase carefully, losing those 12 words will lose all the crypto funds stored.
- Custom fees: The gas price and gas limit fee can be adjusted.
- Add ERC-20 tokens: Add or hide erc-20 tokens comfortably.
- Network options: Developers and advanced users who are developing DApps over the Ethereum network can also access various prototypes through the MetaMask wallet.
Watch now: What is gas in Ethereum?
How to install metamask
I will guide on each browser so that you can easily add add-ons to the browser you are using.
- Access: https://metamask.io/
- Choose Download on the menu bar. Select the button Install MetaMask for ChromeYou will be redirected to the Chrome online store.
- Press the button Add to Chrome, a pop-up window of your choice Add widgets to install into chrome.
Similar to chrome only:
- On the Brave browser and visit https://metamask.io/
- Choose Download on the menu bar. Hover down to select the icon of braveYou will be redirected to the Chrome online store.
- Press the button Add to Brave. A window pops up and selects Add extension, it is done.
- Go to the firefox app and visit https://metamask.io/
- Choose Download and drag the mouse down to select the button Install MetaMask for Firefox to access the firefox add-on page.
- Select the button + Add to Fifefox, the window pops up and you press on More to install.
Once installed, everyone will see the fox logo in the right corner of the screen. So is successful with adding add-on metamask on browsers already. Next I will guide you how to create a wallet.
Instructions on how to create a Metamask wallet
In this article I will guide you to create a wallet on chrome browser. Brave browsers, brother firefox can do the same.
Step 1: Select the fox icon in the right corner of the screen. Click select Get Started.
Step 2: Here there are two options:
- One is Add an existing wallet by selecting the button Import Wallet then you need more 12 seed phrase phrases.
- The second is to create a new wallet by selecting the button Create a Wallet.
Adding a wallet with 12 seed phrase words is very simple, just enter those phrases, set an access password, so it is quite short. I will guide you how to create a new wallet, remember to follow each step to avoid errors.
Select the button Create a Wallet to continue. You will see the item Help Us Improve MetaMask (these are just a few terms and requirements between you and the metamask). Press the button I gree to continue.
Step 3: Now you set a password to access Metamask, then check the box I have read and agree to the Terms of you then press the button “Create“.
After creating a password, the next thing is to save 12 recovery phrases.
I have covered a few words already, you follow and copy those 12 words onto a sheet of paper in the correct order and keep it safe. Next we need to confirm those 12 recovery phrases.
Just select the words in the correct order, then press Confirm to finish the account creation process and save 12 recovery phrases.
So finished creating an account and then press the button All done to go to the wallet interface:
Coin supported by metamask
Metamask supports Ethereum and all ERC-20 token.
How to add ERC-20 tokens to your account
You can add other tokens by searching for the token name. Then select the button Next.
For example, if I want to add more EOS, I search and click EOS in the search list:
Metamask confirms if you want to add the token. Agree then choose Add Token, otherwise you choose Come back.
After adding EOS tokens, the account information will appear as shown below, you have two options when you click on the 3 dots:
- Hide that token
- Or View on Etherscan.
How to add custom tokens
Step 1: At the main interface you choose Add token -> Custom Token.
Step 2: Enter the token address you are interested in in the box Token Contract Address. Then press next and you will receive instructions for adding tokens to it.
Step 3: Click Add Token to finish the process.
How to create an account on metamask
Pretty easy just do the following:
Step 1: Click the account icon in the right corner of the screen, then select Create Account.
Step 2: Enter the name you want to put in the box Account Name. For example I named CHK, press the button Create to create. That’s it, too fast, right.
How to send ETH from your Metamask wallet
Track each step to avoid errors:
Step 1: Open the metamask as usual. You choose the button Send right side of the screen.
Step 2: Enter the ETH address in the box Search Or you can scan the qr code (remember to check the address carefully)
Step 3: You need to fill in the following information:
- Amount: The amount of eth to send.
- Transaction Fee: Confirm gas charges, there are 3 options Slow (slow), Average (Average) and Fast (fast). Of course the higher the fee, the faster it will be sent. Can be customized.
- Then you give next to continue. Final information includes GAS FEE and the full amount you send with the fee in the item TOTAL. Review the information and press Confirm to finish the process.
Because my wallet just created it from the beginning for you to see it easy, so I haven’t deposited money in it yet, so I reported the error, you don’t need to pay attention and it’s still smooth. kkk
How to send / deposit tokens to your metamask wallet
To send ETH or ERC-20 tokens to your MetaMask Wallet from another exchange or wallet. You just need to submit the address of one of the accounts in MetaMask and you’re done.
The steps are as follows:
Step 1: Open the extension icon.
Step 2: Hover over the account name it will display Copy to clipboardClick to copy the address and give it to the sender. Or manipulate on the exchange you want to transfer back to the metamask wallet.
Instructions for connecting Myetherwallet wallet with metamask
The steps are as simple as follows:
Step 1: Select the metamask widget and click the icon Account and choose Import Account.
Step 2: You have two options as follows:
- Use Private key: Paste your private key MyEtherWallet into the box Paste your private key string here and choose Import.
- Selection JSON file: You will need to select the file from your computer and enter the same password you use to access your account on MyEtherWallet:
You should now also have access to the account created on MyEtherWallet from MetaMask. Very easy, right.
Watch now: What is MyEtherWallet? How to create and use the most detailed MEW wallet
Guide to concluding cold wallet Ledger and Trezor with metamask
MetaMask now allows connections Trezor wallet or Ledger Nano S, Ledger Nano X. This allows you to:
- Check your account balance (ETH or Tokens).
- Send tokens and collect ETH and ERC20, …
This step, you just need to follow the first step you instruct, then the metamask steps will guide you:
Step 1: Select the account icon -> Connect Hardware Wallet -> Select the wallet you want and press the button Connect.
Step 2: Select an account you want to interact with. Once you successfully connect your account, it will work just like other MetaMask accounts, with the difference being you need to plug in your wallet to confirm the transaction. The operation of sending / receiving coins is exactly the same as the steps above.
However, for example, with ledger nano S / X wallet, when sending ETH, you need Confirm, your Ledger Nano S wallet will have a message asking you “Confirm Transaction ” along with the details of the transaction. Check the details of the transaction and click the key to the right of the ledger to confirm the transaction.
Are metamask wallets safe?
The number of users with 1 million downloads on the chrome store, not to mention firefox enough to see its popularity, safety and convenience.
Alternatively, you can use the ethereum wallets from the list:Top 10 safest and most secure Ethereum (ETH) wallets 2020
Is it possible to change the language on Metamask?
You just need to click on the metamask widget, then select Settings -> General. In the item Current Language, choose the language you want.
MetaMask may be the second best ETH and ERC20 wallet you see after MyEtherWallet. Through the MetaMask wallet, you can access the DApp and other Ethereum applications. Hence, it also acts as an Ethereum blockchain browser.
There are also a lot of interesting things that I cannot list all here. I only listed the main skills, so if you want to learn carefully, you should try using them to know. Thanks!
#Metamask #Wallet #Instructions #install #details