237 total views
Privacy on the internet in general is receiving increasing attention from the tech community. For example, how to know if a website is accessing sensitive areas on the device such as microphones, cameras, or location data … These are all visually related factors. smartphone user privacy.
The latest version of Safari in iOS now allows you to easily manage your browser privacy settings on a “micro” level. For example, it is possible to block (or re-grant) the camera, microphone, and location data of a particular website you visit on Safari iOS. Just follow the simple setup steps below.
1. Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Navigate to the website where you want to block access to the camera and microphone on your device, then tap the “aA” icon to the left of the website address in the top bar.
3. Next, click on “Website Settings” from the pop-up menu.
4. This will open the website settings menu. Click on “Camera” to expand options.
5. Now, you click on “Deny” to change and block the website permissions related to the device camera.
6. Similarly, click on “Microphone” to expand options and select “Deny”. Do the same for Location if you want to block access to this website.
That’s all you need to do to completely disable access to the camera, microphone, and location data of a particular website. Please note that Safari doesn’t allow any website to access the device’s camera, microphone, or location by default – Unless you approve the request through the pop-up menu that shows up when the site asks for permission access.
Block Safari app’s location access
In case you want to completely block Safari app location access on your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Scroll down to the “Privacy” section.
3. Select “Location Services”.
4. In the list of apps, scroll down and select Safari Websites.
5. Here, in the Allow Location Access section, click “Never”.
That’s it, no websites in Safari will be able to access your location on iPhone.
#block #websites #accessing #camera #microphone #location #Safari #iOS